December 1, 2020
Spee Dee Delivery Service, Inc. has released its 2021 Rates announcement. You can read the letter and download rate charts and other important information by clicking:
May 14, 2020
Due to unprecedented parcel volume, the following 3 digit zip code prefixes are subject to severe delivery delays.
600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611
We will advise when conditions improve.
March 20, 2020 – 4:30pm
Transportation has been deemed an essential industry in our country’s supply chain. Spee Dee Delivery will continue to operate business as usual throughout our entire service area at this time. We will advise if there are any changes.
March 16, 2020
SPEE DEE DELIVERY SERVICE, INC.
COVID-19 MITIGATION PLAN
In an ongoing effort to reduce the risk to our workforce and the general public, Spee Dee Delivery Service, Inc. has set forth several initiatives:
- Frequently sanitizing common areas within our facilities – paying significant attention to high-touch areas such as light switches, door handles, etc. This also applies to our Company vehicles.
- Instructing our employees to follow the guidelines set forth by the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) in regards to hygiene, personal travel, and attempting to adhere to the 6 feet distance recommendation.
- We are instructing our employees to follow the guidelines set forth by the CDC in regards to actions to take if employees are experiencing flulike symptoms.
- We have modified our delivery process to reduce the amount of physical contact that our employees encounter while carrying out their daily responsibilities – specifically involving the signature process while making deliveries.
- Outside carriers delivering into a Spee Dee Delivery facility will be expected to use hand sanitizer/wipes (available at dock entrance) upon entry into our facility, adhere to the 6 feet distance recommendation, and modify signature requirements, when possible, to reduce the amount of physical contact with our employees.
November 18, 2019
Dear Valued Spee Dee Delivery Customer:
Companies across the country continue to struggle with the inability to hire and maintain quality employees. Spee Dee Delivery has been confronted with employment challenges throughout portions of our service area over the past several years. We’ve rolled out initiatives to help diminish the impact these issues have had on Spee Dee Delivery and our customers. Spee Dee Delivery is pleased to announce that we have seen a positive impact throughout our company. We consider our overall operations to be stabilized at this time and have lifted all previous service alerts.
RATE ANNOUNCEMENT – Effective January 6th, 2020:
– Spee Dee Delivery has decided not to increase base rates for both parcel and pallet shipments.
– Spee Dee Delivery will implement a Delivery Area Surcharge (DAS):
The national carriers have imposed various DAS surcharges for many years. Spee Dee Delivery will now implement a DAS for all parcel and pallet shipments with a destination ZIP Code that falls within the parameters of our DAS ZIP Code list. The impact of the DAS will be dependent on the unique shipping characteristics of each individual customer.
A listing of our DAS ZIP Codes is available at http://www.speedeedelivery.com/files/SpeeDeeDAS2020.xlsx (DAS ZIP
Codes will be programmed into Spee Dee Ship as well as other software that supports Spee Dee Delivery rates).
If a shipment is destined for a ZIP Code within our DAS list, a DAS charge will apply (across all zones) as such:
- Single package shipments from 1-150 lbs. ($1.00 per package)
- Individual packages contained in a multiple package shipment ($1.00 per package)
- Oversize packages from 1-150 lbs. ($1.00 per package)
- Pick-Up Tags – based on pickup location ($1.00 per package)
- LTL shipments ($5.00 per pallet position or non-palletized piece, $100.00 max per shipment)
STANDARD SHIPPING ACCOUNTS / WALK-IN ACCOUNTS / ON-CALL ACCOUNTS
- No increase on parcel base rates across all zones
- A rate increase will be applied to select Additional Charges
- DAS will be charged to shipments destined for a DAS ZIP Code ($1.00 per package)
- No increase on LTL base rates across all zones
- A rate increase will be applied to select Additional Charges
- DAS will be charged to shipments destined for a DAS ZIP Code ($5.00 per pallet position or non-palletized piece, $100.00 max per shipment)
Effective February 3rd, 2020 Spee Dee Delivery will charge On-Call base rates (currently 25% higher than our standard base rates) to the following
- Noncompliant customers who do NOT update their software to 2020 rates by February 3rd, 2020. Please be sure to install updated
software upon availability at your shipping location(s) to avoid paying the On-Call rates.
- Customers who opt to use our handwritten logbook for their shipments. If you would like to use our free Spee Dee Ship Software,
and pay our standard base rates, send a request to email@example.com (please include your company name and Spee Dee Delivery shipping account number in your email) or call us at 800-862-5578 and ask for the Sales Department.
New rate information will be delivered by your Spee Dee Delivery driver in advance of the rate change. All rates can be downloaded for viewing on your desktop at www.speedeedelivery.com/rates.html. If you would like a copy emailed to you, send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org (please include your company name and Spee Dee Delivery shipping account number in your email) or call us at 800-862-5578 and ask for the Sales Department. Our drivers will also deliver updated free software to Spee Dee Ship users. It is very important that shippers install the new software immediately. The software will automatically change to the updated rates on January 6th. Along with our updated rates, version 3.20.0 also contains several other important updates.
Holiday Schedule – as a courtesy reminder to our customers, please note that Spee Dee Delivery will be closed the following upcoming days:
- Thursday, November 28th, 2019 (Thanksgiving Day)
- Friday, November 29th, 2019 (Spee Dee’s Floating Holiday)
- Wednesday, December 25th, 2019 (Christmas Day)
- Wednesday, January 1st, 2020 (New Year’s Day)
Thank you for choosing Spee Dee Delivery for your shipments in the Midwest.
Spee Dee Delivery Service, Inc. Management Team
Equal Opportunity Employer